Qatar Fitness Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you do to stay fit?

5 posters

Go down

What do you do to stay fit? Empty What do you do to stay fit?

Post  Admin Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:53 am

Some people gym, some people don't (because it is dull), some people play sport. Everyone knows they should be doing something but more than half don't bother. Why? A 60 Million question. People say no time but that isn't true because it doesn't take long. training at home is hard because home is home, it is like trying to study at home. But the barrier between thinking about going to the gym and actually getting to the gym is huge.

How do you guys overcome that if you do? and how much do you train?

Admin
Admin

https://qatarfitnessforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What do you do to stay fit? Empty Re: What do you do to stay fit?

Post  Abdul Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:17 pm

For more than 5 years now I have maintained dedicating two hours for exercising , 4-5 times a week. Although my weight fluctuated only in the past two years due to my eating habits , that have not discourage me from being active
Would love to join bootcamp as soon I'm done with my kinesis circuit training program i joined recently
Thanks for creating this forum, Which I think very useful

Abdul

Back to top Go down

What do you do to stay fit? Empty that is a lot of training

Post  Admin Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:23 pm

Abdul wrote:For more than 5 years now I have maintained dedicating two hours for exercising , 4-5 times a week. Although my weight fluctuated only in the past two years due to my eating habits , that have not discourage me from being active
Would love to join bootcamp as soon I'm done with my kinesis circuit training program i joined recently
Thanks for creating this forum, Which I think very useful

Abdul that is a lot of training. Seriously have you seen some results? I am really interested to know. One thing people often don't do is test themselves at the start so it is difficult to tell.

Have you found your results have improved or have you plateaued a bit? I am fascinated by training and especially why some people sometimes don't get the results they expect.

I hope the forum is useful. I am very active on it right now but I would like to see it start to have a mind of its own and then I think it could be become a nice community. Good because it would contain people with a common interest.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Abdul Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:36 pm

Admin wrote:
Abdul that is a lot of training. Seriously have you seen some results? I am really interested to know. One thing people often don't do is test themselves at the start so it is difficult to tell.

Have you found your results have improved or have you plateaued a bit? I am fascinated by training and especially why some people sometimes don't get the results they expect.

I hope the forum is useful. I am very active on it right now but I would like to see it start to have a mind of its own and then I think it could be become a nice community. Good because it would contain people with a common interest.

Yes I have seen good results, previously. In fact I have maintained weighing 74kg for some time. But I have put on weight so fast in the past few months, Although I have not stopped exercising.
My previous exercise regime was mainly outdoor jogging. For the past three years, I joined a gym and I alternate between twice spinning sessions and 3-2 times a week circuit training with 30 min treadmill

I think I hit a plateau, but that's due to not controlling my food portion in the day time which I'm trying to deal with at the moment

Thank you again for interacting with my posts and I hope many partcipants join soon

Abdul

Back to top Go down

Post  Ganymede Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:34 pm

I started going to the gym nearly three years ago, back then I was a skinny type at around 59 kgs, @167cms (5'5"). My primary goal was to gain muscle, and since then, my weight now stands at 78 kgs. I look better, I feel better and people keep complimenting me Very Happy

I mostly do compound barbell and body weight workouts. My primary information resource is stronglifts.com, though I frequently visit sites like menshealth and t-nation, as well as watching plenty of videos on youtube.
Ganymede
Ganymede

http://www.arsenal-mania.com

Back to top Go down

What do you do to stay fit? Empty Ganymede

Post  Admin Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:36 pm

That is a great improvement. Almost 20kgs is a big jump. Nice work. Do you compete at all or just for you?

Where do you train?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ganymede Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:58 pm

Thanks. It's just for fun and passing the time, though I wouldn't mind entering a few competitions or something like that if there were any. I train at Fitness First, though I don't really like it there , but it's close to both my home and workplace. (I used to work out at Al Massa near Ramada, but the traffic used to be terrible there.)
Ganymede
Ganymede

http://www.arsenal-mania.com

Back to top Go down

What do you do to stay fit? Empty weight loss?

Post  salax85 Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:17 pm

how good is going to gym to lose fat... the general idea says its good to work out and build a hunk... but will it be useful for those who just want to lose weight and trim down??? i m sure it will be good but expertise opinion will be appreciated Smile

salax85

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:27 pm

salax85 wrote:how good is going to gym to lose fat... the general idea says its good to work out and build a hunk... but will it be useful for those who just want to lose weight and trim down??? i m sure it will be good but expertise opinion will be appreciated Smile

Going to the gym will definitely help you lose weight. In order to lose weight you need to use more than you consume. Exercise helps you do this in 2 ways:

1 - Exercise itself burns energy. You expend energy to do the exercise.
2 - Doing exercise speeds up your metabolism. This means that you burn more energy even when you are not exercising. It is a side effect of being fit.

One important consideration is not to neglect building muscle in the pursuit of losing weight. Muscle burns energy. so if you have more of it you burn more energy (higher metabolism). You won't become a hunk. It is very important to include resistance work (weights etc) in a weight loss exercise regime.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

What do you do to stay fit? Empty Gratzi

Post  salax85 Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:49 pm

Thanks for the advise... Smile

salax85

Back to top Go down

Post  makingthebest08 Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:25 pm

Yeah I agree with you it is really hard to motivate yourself, for me to go to gym , but what I do is just eat right like fruits and vegetables, less meat, and just do treadmills because I do have one at home and that is already enough for me.

http://www.makingthebest.com/?page_id=924

makingthebest08
makingthebest08

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum