Qatar Fitness Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Intercontinental - best overall gym in town?

3 posters

Go down

Intercontinental - best overall gym in town? Empty Intercontinental - best overall gym in town?

Post  Admin Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:59 pm

OK so the actual gym is not great but it gets you membership to the beach club which must be the best in Doha. Nicest beach, great pool etc.

Biggest problem with the gym is the waste of space in the weights area. Why do they have a fixed decline bench? It is never used and takes up half the room!

Admin
Admin

https://qatarfitnessforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Intercontinental - best overall gym in town? Empty Re: Intercontinental - best overall gym in town?

Post  Abdul Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:01 pm

Good morning
I don't really agree on that, I was a member once at the intercont
I think sharq village by far has the best gym. In addition , to many additional rooms for group classes.
They even have a small park facing the beach that can be utilized for bootcamp sessions Smile

Abdul

Back to top Go down

Intercontinental - best overall gym in town? Empty Re: Intercontinental - best overall gym in town?

Post  Ganymede Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:21 pm

What are the fees like at the Sharq? What kind of facilities do they have for free weights? And what about membership options?

Lot's of questions I know, but I'm just trying to keep my options open. Very Happy
Ganymede
Ganymede

http://www.arsenal-mania.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Abdul Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:44 pm

Ganymede wrote:What are the fees like at the Sharq? What kind of facilities do they have for free weights? And what about membership options?

Lot's of questions I know, but I'm just trying to keep my options open. Very Happy

There are many packages ( 1 month, 3month , 6month & annual ). In addition, if you work for a governmental entity they have corporate discounts. The prices would differ if the package includes access to the beach & pool. Group classes are free for members.

The main reason I choose sharq was its proximity to my home

In addition to dumbbells, there is cable machine and recently they acquired a kinesis machine for overall circuit training.

The only problem is that there is shortage of good trainers there, there is only one trainer that I can consider an expert.

Abdul

Back to top Go down

Post  Ganymede Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:57 pm

How about barbell equipment? Do they have stuff like flat/incline benches, squat racks etc?
Ganymede
Ganymede

http://www.arsenal-mania.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum